We, your self-declared wingZoners, have got you covered with our top 15 pool pick-up lines.
Winter is quickly approaching, and as the weather gets colder you begin to feel the urge to snuggle with your significant other around cups of hot beverages, in front of a movie, maybe even while attending a meet… Oh, some of you are lacking a cuddle buddy? No problem! We, your self-declared wingZoners, have got you covered with our top 15 pool pick-up lines.
1. Are you the end of practice? Because you’re always on my mind.
Not just limited to swimmers, anybody who has ever worked out can relate to this painfully true feeling of wanting practice to be finished.
2. You must be exhausted, because you’ve been swimming through my mind all day.
The great thing about classics is, you know they work, and this is a cute twist sure to be appreciated by a fellow swimmer.
3. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I swim by again?
Another version of a well-known pick up line, can’t go wrong with that!
4. Are you a wet pool deck? Because I’m falling for you.
No matter how hard you try, how carefully you walk, you will slip. Right into love, in this case.
5. Are you made of gold? Because I won't stop until I get you.
Perseverance is hot and everybody loves a winner. This line itself is gold.
6. You remind me of the Black Line, because you’re all I’m looking at.
The black lines of course, are used to keep you in course. Might we suggest saying this while nodding at the lane and smiling?
7. Are you a sprint set? Because you take my breath away.
‘Nuff said. Mostly because we’re still recovering from the tiredness of just thinking about sprints.
8. Can you call a lifeguard? Because I'm drowning in your eyes…
An alternative is “It’s a good thing I’m a swimmer because otherwise I might drown in your eyes.”
9. Are you a backstroke? Because I would bend over backwards for you.
Willingness to put forth effort? A win in our books, and hopefully your crush’s books too!
10. Are you a kick set? Because you leave my knees weak.
Best said right after performing this activity with the object of your affections, your ability to turn a painful situation humorous should flutter kick their heart.
11. Your lane or mine?
Also, “My pace or yours?” These plays on the classic bar pick-up line will hopefully induce an eye roll and a smile.
12. My love for you is like the mile; it just goes on and on.
Once begun, the mile seems never-ending… just like your possible love story! Probably shouldn’t be used on a sprinter, but your intended should get the reference nonetheless.
13. Is your name Flip Turn? Because I'm head over heels for you.
If this is too cheesy for you, the more direct version of it would be “You really flip-turn me on.” Please, use with caution.
14. Want to know what my bathing suit is made of? Boyfriend/girlfriend material.
Best said with a smile, maybe even a wink if you’re feeling coy.
15. Be a winner, date a swimmer.
Straight to the point, how could it possibly go wrong?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! At the very least, these lines should produce a laugh from that special someone. So go ahead, try some of these out and let us know how they work!
Which were your favourite pick-up lines? Do you have any you've tried that aren't on our list? (That would seriously impress us, by the way.) Let us know in the comments below!